Lead Us Not Into Temptation

For so long I have heard and prayed this verse. However, in the past couple of days, it has taken on a new meaning. The essence of these words seem to appear in a slightly different but deeper light. Unbeknownst, some variants of these powerful and heartfelt words have been presented to make clearer what it truly means or what Christ was saying [link].

Few days ago, I had thought of things I couldn't do and why I wouldn't want to. I thought how forgiving myself for doing such may be a difficult thing. Almost at that same moment, the thought of being compelled, tempted and persuaded to accept these eerily crept over me. It was a humbling one. Then, I better understood what it means being shielded, protected or guided. Being shielded and covered under Christ's saving grace from the path of iniquity. Knowing our frame and the propensity of our canal minds, Jesus taught us to pray these words. For all we can be or we are, is by His grace.

Dear Lord, ...lead me not into temptation.... Lead my heart and feet in thy ways for by your grace I am. Amen.


9 "This, then, is how you should pray:
    “‘Our Father in heaven,
      hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
     your will be done,
     on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
      as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
      but deliver us from the evil one.’

Matt 6:9-13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Archive] Henri Nouwen's Solitude, Community & Ministry Essay Review

Something about Learning a New Thing

Days Like These...