A Song Given...

Not very often is a song from a dream remembered. On this occasion, as a first thing on realizing I was in a dream, I made it a duty to immediately try to play the melodic tune at a very least and to pen it down (on a diatonic scale, in tonic sol-fa notation). It seems like a-three-beats (perhaps four-beats) per bar. I suppose the tonic "do" may be a "movable do". When played, the A-flat rooted scale sounded most familiar to what I heard in my dreams. Although it sounds familiar, there is a perception of something new about it which I'm yet to grab a hold on. Ha, the words! Those escaped me. I thought I had some of it. Perhaps my concentration on ensuring I had the tunes down made them slip.

m s l s m     C, E-flat, F, E-flat, C    
r m r d        B-flat, C, B-flat, A-flat     

m s l s m     C, E-flat, F, E-flat, C    
m r m r       C, B-flat, C, B-flat     
m s l s m     C, E-flat, F, E-flat, C 
r m r d        B-flat, C, B-flat, A-flat

this refrain seemed to play over many times - I think it did continuously play while the following lines interjected intermittently .

d s d l s l    A-flat, E-flat, A-flat, F, E-flat, F
r m r d f     B-flat, C, B-flat, A-flat, C#
m s l s m    C, E-flat, F, E-flat, C
r m r d       B-flat, C, B-flat, A-flat


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Archive] Henri Nouwen's Solitude, Community & Ministry Essay Review

Something about Learning a New Thing

Days Like These...