[Archive] South-West 2

[Dedicated to the memories of kids that did not live to their fifth birthday and to the many care-givers that did all they could to care for them.]

For days she’d been here
Incarcerated to a reformatory not bargained
By the cold hands of an infirmity
That wouldn’t let go.

In agony I watched her
Drowning in her own waters.
Life was stealthily taking a leave
As it could no longer be contained.

She clenches to the thread of strength
Holding her frail and feeble body.
My libations to appease rebuffed,
Incapably I stared.

To a plea I resorted;
“It’s only a while you’ve been here.
Remember the sweetly voices of angels in damsels skin.
And, the thundering beats of strong men
Heralding your arrival.”

I struggled so hard not to,
But to no avail,
A warm laden tear trickled;
Contradicting the believe that we don't cry.

Rhetorically, I asked why?
And to the realms of comprehension I peered.
But, more questions I got
Than I sought to know.


circa 2003

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Archive] Henri Nouwen's Solitude, Community & Ministry Essay Review

Something about Learning a New Thing

Days Like These...